Maestro Chononita, a Shaman with 27 years of experience in Ayahuasca Shamanism in the Peruvian Amazon, will lead a select group of participants in a ten day initiation in Amazonian Jungle Shamanism. His apprentice, Doctora Churi, with 7 years experience, will assist.
Day One: The group will fly into Lima, Peru and be picked up and taken to a hotel near the ocean. We will have dinner and begin to get to know one another before a good night's sleep.
Day Two: We will fly from Lima to Tarapoto, a jungle town nestled in the Eastern foothills of the Andes, called the "eyebrows of the jungle".
- You will be escorted to a gorgeous lodge at the edge of the jungle to get settled in your room and then we will have a beautiful brunch.
- Opportunities to speak about our intentions for ayahuasca ceremonies, and voice any questions you may have with Maestro Chononita and Doctora Churi.
- Floral bath to prepare ourselves for ceremony.
- Space for rest, meditation, and preparation for our first Ayahuasca ceremony with Doctor Jorge Gonzalez Ramirez, a powerful and superb shaman with over 40 years experience. Dr. Gonzalez was a student of the late Don Solon Tello Lozano of Iquitos. Maestro Chononita and Maestro Jorge have worked together since 1988 and Doctora Churi has worked with the two of them since 2008.
- Floral baths after awakening.
- Optional yoga and breathing meditation, followed by a delicious breakfast in keeping with our Ayahuasca dieta.
- Optional group debriefing about our experiences during the previous night's ayahuasca ceremony.
- An adventure to the local open air market for some local color.
- Lunch in town.
- One on one talks with Chononita, Churi, Or Jorge are available.
- Floral baths.
- Hike into the jungle.
- Free time.
- Second Ayahuasca ceremony at night.
- Floral baths.
- A talk about plant teachers, herbal baths, and "dieta".
- Excursion to beautiful waterfall/ swimming.
- Floral baths.
- Yoga/ Meditation.
- Trip to the market.
- Third Ayahuasca Ceremony at night.
- Fly to Iquitos.
- Check into hotel; get oriented around town...Belen Market.
- Go swim in the lake Quisto Cocha Lake & visit adjoining zoo.
- Yoga/ Meditation
- Fly to Lima.
- Fly back home.
This trip is $3000 (depending on group size)
all inclusive although not including international airfare.
What is included:
* Domestic flight within Peru- (Lima-Tarapoto; Tarapoto-Iquitos; Iquitos-Lima)
* 3 meals a day on "rest days", 2 meals a day on Ayahuasca ceremony days
* 3 Ayahuasca ceremonies
* Counseling/Integration of ceremonies
* Yoga/Meditation/ Floral baths
What is not included?
* International flights
* Acupuncture/ Massage/ Adjustments; which are available on request.
Ayahuasca Diet: (At least three days before and after ceremony)
* Fish, Chicken, Rice, Beans, Vegetables and fruits.
* No Pork, no beef, low salt.
* During our stay in Tarapoto and Iquitos we will talk what is happening in the Ayahuasca world, about other reliable shamans, about herbal medicines in general, about plant teachers.
There will be follow up workshops where those of you who are more acclimated will be able to go with us and participate in Ayahuasca ceremonies in Shipibo Indian villages with Shipibo Shamans -however that will require time to travel by river boats to more distant locations in the jungle.